- to map and integrate European research capacities on the impact of transnational terrorist groups and criminal organizations on the peace-building process in the Western Balkan region;
- to develop a shared methodology of collecting facts and figures;
- to promote an interdisciplinary scientific dialog among experts in the field of terrorism, criminology, security studies, peace and conflict studies and human rights;
- to exchange experiences as well as different proposals for legal and institutional reforms;
- to coordinate and publicize the results of research in courses held with young professionals and representatives of the civil society and among policy-makers.